[新品情报]BOTCON将于2021年夏季回归 [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题

发帖
能量块
经验值
贡献值
交易币
只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 0 发表于: 2020-02-04
Good Morning. This message is kindly directed at my fellow fans of the Transformers franchise. You’ll want to read all the way to the end, but please do read from the beginning. This message is cross-posted at www.allspark.com. Please credit them if linking to this post.
A BotCon story.
In 1994, the first BotCon was held in Fort Wayne, Indiana, organized by my brother Jon and me. Over the next several years, it was organized by Raksha in 1995, Dennis Barger in 1996, Glen Hallit and ourselves 1997-2002, and finally with Pete Sinclair in 2004. Through various ups and downs, it was determined that BotCon 2004 was to be the last BotCon. For those that weren’t there, I put together a retrospective video set to music, called Requiem, which was shown at the final panel.
The last text on the video read something like this:
Thanks for the love.
Thanks for the laughs.
Thanks for the tears.
BotCon 1994-2002, 2004
Thanks for the memories.
The End
?
As one might expect, that question mark was met with applause through the tears. The truth was that no one really knew what the future held with BotCon, but I wanted to give the fans in attendance a little bit of hope. To quote another staple from 1994: “Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”
As it turns out, Brian Savage and Fun Publications took over the reins for BotCon from 2005-2016. During that time, the concept of how BotCon operated was expanded greatly. The toy offerings were increased, and guests from every era of the franchise were plentiful. The size and scope of the convention grew to proportions that Jon and I could never have imagined.
Perhaps the most important aspect of the convention, even from its earliest days, was its ability to draw people together who have the same interest in this toy line. Newcomers to the convention were invited into conversations by “old timers.” There was a sense of belonging for many that attended, which went past the toys. People got to know each other on a personal level. Those people who saw each other every year got used to seeing each other every year. It was like a big family reunion. I’ve always felt that way. I saw people who were at some of the early BotCons grow from somewhat awkward late teen-agers and early twenty-somethings (I was definitely a member of that group!), to confident adults, some of whom with families, who brought their own children to BotCon. The second generation had begun to enjoy what their parents had introduced them to.
So, when word got around BotCon 2016 (confirming what had been known in smaller circles for months prior) that it was going to be the Last BotCon, the mood of the convention for many of us old timers turned very introspective, and quite sad. I’ll never forget speaking to David Kaye at the evening Judd Nelson event that year. I simply went up to him and thanked him for his support over the years. He was one of the first major guests who attended in 1997, and he was back in 2016, almost 20 years later. I asked him if he had heard that this was the last convention. He turned to me with a serious look and said that he had heard about that, and he thought it was some sort of awful joke. BotCon couldn’t be ending. I told him that it was true. He just shook his head.
Sunday came, and at the end of the convention was the traditional organizers panel. This year was different. Many people assembled for what they knew to be the last time. It felt like equal parts retrospective, celebration, and wake. Several spoke about what BotCon meant to them. It meant so much more to many of them than the toys, cartoons, fiction, and guests. It was about the people. It became an entity unto itself. An annual family reunion that, for reasons that no one understood, had to end. Emotions were very raw in that panel. Lots of tears were shed.
Saying goodbye to BotCon was one of the hardest things that we’ve had to do, because of all of the memories that were made there, and all of the friends that were met for the first time there. BotCon was going to end, only to exist in pictures and in our hearts, minds, and memories. It was…
The End.
?
The question mark meant hope.
It means hope. Remember, Hope is a good thing, maybe the best if things, and no good thing ever dies. It just takes a five year break.
As it turns out, Simon Furman was right after all of these years.
It never ends.
The story of BotCon is not over.
It just has a new chapter.
On behalf of myself, Bret Lovell, Andrew Hall and the rest of the BC Productions crew, I am honored and humbled to announce:
BotCon 2021
www.botcon.com.

离线broadwell

发帖
能量块
经验值
贡献值
交易币
只看该作者 1 发表于: 2020-02-04

离线玉狐狸

发帖
能量块
经验值
贡献值
交易币
只看该作者 2 发表于: 2020-02-04

离线玉狐狸

发帖
能量块
经验值
贡献值
交易币
只看该作者 3 发表于: 2020-02-04
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.  

发帖
能量块
经验值
贡献值
交易币
只看该作者 4 发表于: 2020-02-04
     Nice……等等,这好像意味着……重涂限定?????
离线shiqi

发帖
能量块
经验值
贡献值
交易币
只看该作者 5 发表于: 2020-02-06
以下是翻译:

早上好。这条信息是善意的针对我的同伴的变形金刚特许经销权。你想一直读到最后,但请从头读。这条信息在 www.allspark.com  上交叉发布。如果链接到这篇文章,请将它们记入贷方。
一个关于 BotCon 的故事。
1994年,我和弟弟 Jon 在 Fort Wayne Indiana (印第安纳州 韦恩堡)举办了第一届 BotCon 。在接下来的几年里,它是由 Raksha 在 1995 年, Dennis Barger 在1996年, Glen Hallit 和我们在1997-2002年组织的,最后是 Pete Sinclair 在2004年。经过各种风波,BotCon 2004被确定为最后一届 BotCon。对于那些不在场的人,我制作了一个音乐回顾录影带,叫做 Requiem ,在最后一个小组中播放。
视频上的最后一段文字是这样的:
谢谢你的爱。
谢谢你的笑声。
谢谢你的眼泪。
BotCon 1994-2002,2004
谢谢你的回忆。
结束
?
正如人们所料,这个问号在泪水中赢得了掌声。事实上,没有人真正知道 BotCon 的未来,但我想给在场的球迷一点希望。引用1994年的另一句话:“希望是件好事,也许是最好的事情,美好的事情永不消逝。”
事实证明,从2005年到2016年, Brian SavageFun Publications 接手了 BotCon 。在此期间, BotCon 的运作理念得到了极大的拓展。玩具的供应量增加了,各个时代的买家都很多。会议的规模和范围扩大到了 Jon 和我无法想象的程度。
也许该公约最重要的方面,甚至从最早的时候,就是它能够把对这条玩具线有同样兴趣的人聚集在一起。“老前辈”邀请新来参加会议的人进行交谈,许多参加会议的人都有一种归属感,这种归属感从玩具中消失了。人们在个人层面上相互了解。那些每年见面的人习惯了每年见面。就像一个大家庭团聚。我一直有这种感觉。我看到一些早期的 BotCons 是从有些笨拙的青少年和20多岁的人成长起来的(我绝对是这个群体的一员!),给自信的成年人,其中一些带着家人,带着自己的孩子去 BotCon 。第二代人开始享受父母给他们介绍的东西。
所以,当2016年 BotCon 大会(证实了几个月前小圈子里所知道的事情)传来消息说这将是最后一次 BotCon 大会时,大会的气氛变得相当悲伤。我永远不会忘记当年在 Judd Nelson 晚间活动上对 David Kaye 的讲话。我只是走到他跟前,感谢他多年来的支持。他是1997年第一批出席的主要嘉宾之一,他回到了2016年,差不多20年后。我问他是否听说这是最后一次会议。他严肃地转过身来,对我说他听说了那件事,他觉得这是一个可怕的笑话。 BotCon 不可能结束。我告诉他那是真的。他只是摇了摇头。
星期天到了,大会结束时是传统的组织者小组。今年不同了。许多人聚集在一起,他们知道这是最后一次。感觉就像是回顾、庆祝和醒来的同等部分。有几个人谈到 BotCon 对他们意味着什么。对他们中的许多人来说,这比玩具、动画片、小说和客人更重要。是关于人们的。它变成了自己的一个实体。一年一度的家庭团聚,由于没有人理解的原因,不得不结束。在那个小组里,情绪是非常原始的。流了很多眼泪。
告别 BotCon 是我们不得不做的最难的事情之一,因为所有的记忆都是在那里建立的,所有的朋友都是在那里第一次见面。 BotCon 将要结束,只存在于图画中,存在于我们的心灵、思想和记忆中。是…
结束。
?
问号代表希望。
它意味着希望。记住,希望是一件好事,也许是最好的如果事情,没有好事会死。只需要休息五年。
事实证明, Simon Furman 在这么多年之后是对的。
它永远不会结束。
BotCon 的故事还没有结束。
只是有了新的篇章。
我谨代表我本人、 Bret Lovell Andrew Hall 和BC制片团队的其他成员,荣幸和谦卑地宣布!

BotCon 2021
www.botcon.com

翻译完成!!
Shiqi~
离线shiqi

发帖
能量块
经验值
贡献值
交易币
只看该作者 6 发表于: 2020-02-06

Shiqi~
离线shiqi

发帖
能量块
经验值
贡献值
交易币
只看该作者 7 发表于: 2020-02-17
回 shiqi 的帖子
shiqi:以下是翻译:
早上好。这条信息是善意的针对我的同伴的变形金刚特许经销权。你想一直读到最后,但请从头读。这条信息在 www.allspark.com  上交叉发布。如果链接到这篇文章,请将它们记入贷方。
一个关于 BotCon 的故事。
1994年,我和弟弟 Jon 在 Fort Wayne Indiana  .. (2020-02-06 09:49) 

比预期晚了一年(我根据规律猜的BotCon应该是2020年办)
Shiqi~
离线天才女狼

发帖
能量块
经验值
贡献值
交易币
只看该作者 8 发表于: 2020-02-19
回来就好!回来就好!
快速回复
限120 字节